Here are my favorite mystery/suspense novels of 2012. (These are books that were originally published last year.)
They are listed alphabetically by author, as trying to rank them by how much I liked them is beyond my capabilities. Clicking on the title will link you to my review.
- A Killing Winter (Leo Desroches #2) by Wayne Arthurson (Forge hardcover, 10 April 2012).
- A City of Broken Glass (Hannah Vogel #4) by Rebecca Cantrell (Forge hardcover, 17 July 2012).
- Broken Harbor (Dublin Murder Squad #4) by Tana French (Viking hardcover, 24 July 2012).
- What the Heart Remembers by Debra Ginsberg (NAL trade paperback, 4 September 2012).
- The Skeleton Box (Starvation Lake #3) by Bryan Gruley (Touchstone hardcover, 5 June 2012).
- The Beautiful Mystery (Chief Inspector Gamache #8) by Louise Penny (Minotaur hardcover, 28 August 2012).
- Poison Flower (Jane Whitefield #7) by Thomas Perry (Mysterious Press hardcover, 6 March 2012).
- Valley of Ashes (Madeline Dare #4) by Cornelia Read (Grand Central Publishing hardcover, 14 August 2012).
- The Book of Lost Fragrances by M.J. Rose (Atria hardcover, 13 March 2012).
- Before the Poison by Peter Robinson (William Morrow hardcover, 21 February 2012).
- The Other Woman by Hank Phillipi Ryan (Forge hardcover, 4 September 2012).
- Dark Lie by Nancy Springer (NAL trade paperback, 6 November 2012).
I'm interested to hear whether or not you agree with my choices. And what are yours?