- Worry less
- Promote less
- Eat less
- Dance/play more
- Read more
- Write more
Best wishes for 2012!
Gayle here: In reality, I think of resolutions as unrealistic and broken within the first week. But in theory, I love them and want them to work. So this year I'm going to do a few things differently:
1. Set my goals next week instead of on January 1st. I was trying to think of them earlier, but got swept up in the magic/madness that is Christmas. By December 26th, I was too pooped (see my blog post here). I could make my resolutions today, but I'm going to a party tonight - should I keep any promises I make after having copious amounts of champagne?
2. Write my resolutions down. I know, seems simple, but I kind of forget to do that and then I kind of forget what I resolved to do. Funny how that works.
3. Be more specific about what I'm resolving to do. "Write more" works for some people, but I need more like, "Set a schedule each week for writing goals," or some such blather.
I know they will consist of some things that need doing, like scheduling that mammogram and bone density test. There will also be a resolution about my writing schedule, which tends to be haphazard at best.
Whatever your goals, I hope you reach them in 2012. Happy New Year!
- Live every moment as if it's my last.
- Always be grateful and humble. Never take myself too seriously.
- Realize that each experience, good or bad, is an opportunity to learn something new.
- Be kind to everyone.
- Be kind to myself in both body and mind.
- Strive to improve with each word I commit to a page.
- Never forget how much my readers mean to me.
I stopped making resolutions some years ago, because I'd inevitably not succeed and then feel badly about myself. Since then, I've made New Year's "hopes".
So, for 2012, I hope to
- Be optimistic.
- Be a good friend.
- Be thoughtful of both others and myself.
- Try to think before I speak.
- Listen to my body.
I wish for all the CFC members and our readers a happy and prosperous New Year!
Just the usual: Exercise more, eat less!
Wishing my colleagues here and all of our readers all the very best in 2012!
Peg popping in:
I put up a re-post from another blog on my own today about dreams. You can read it here.
Just between us, I plan to have my first release out there in the second quarter, with a second to follow by the end of the year.
And I want to focus on spending more evening time with my husband. I've kind of missed him lately, even if we just stretch out and watch television.
My very best wishes to all of you for a fantastic 2012. With a little work, all of our dreams can become reality.
Although I'm on sabbatical until I finish my next mystery I couldn't help but chime in. I'm a big believer in small, achievable, measurable resolutions. So, mine is to take one picture every day in January 2012.
Happy New Year to all.
Great resolutions! Best of luck to all of you. Happy New Year! :DReplyDelete
Good luck with 'em. I don't write mine down either, so I have no idea if I met 2011's.ReplyDelete